Housing and Rental Assistance
RENTAL ASSISTANCE: UTAH HOUSING ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
If you, a neighbor, friend, or relative have been unable to pay rent because of COVID-19, call 801-359-2444.
The Utah Community Action hotline is open Monday-Thursday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and has language assistance. Calling this number will setup an appointment to assess how much assistance you can receive, with up to $2,000 per month between March-December 2020.
If you live outside Salt Lake County, visit rentrelief.utah.gov.
The Utah Housing Assistance Program can help renters unable to pay their rent and utilities due to COVID-19. The page provides information about:
- who is eligible
- how to contact local housing authorities
- how to apply for assistance
- how the money can be used
- FAQs and resource documents
The goal of the Utah Housing Assistance Program is to help people impacted by the pandemic stay in their housing and maintain the stability of their families during these hard times. The webpage can be translated into various languages by clicking on the “Select Language” box at the top of the page.
211- Get Connected. Get Help.
COVID-19 UHC Utah Housing Coalition
Need help paying bills
Salt Lake County Housing- Community Development
Department of Workforce Services
Salt Lake City Rental and Mortgage Relief
Rapid Re-Housing (for individuals or households 50% AMI, experiencing homelessness)
● The Road Home, (801) 359-4142
Rental Assistance (for individuals or households 60% AMI, facing evictions)
● Asian Association of Utah, (801) 467-6060
● Catholic Community Services, (801) 363-7710
● Utah Community Action, (801) 359-2444
Mortgage Assistance (for low-income individuals or households facing foreclosure)
● Community Development Corporation of Utah, (801) 994-7222
● NeighborWorks Salt Lake, (801) 539-159