Red Mesa counselors recognize the unique histories of AI/AN community members, as well as the challenges “Urban Indians” experience as they negotiate multiple realities of US society. We are committed to the well-being of our People by hearing their stories, understand their struggles and work together to restore health and balance.
Through our organization’s mission our commitment is to help everyone where they are now, without judgement and with a deep appreciation and understanding of the American Indian experience. We believe every voice and experience has value; and all are part of a greater whole. We honor the life passages and experiences that each living individual embodies. We believe that all people can heal, grow and create harmony and balance in their world and ours.
Red Mesa provides the following services:
- Mental Health Counseling – Individual, Couples, or Family
- Substance Use (Outpatient, Intensive Outpatient, & Aftercare)
- Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault Survivor / Victim of Crime
Screenings are available on walk-in basis on:
- Monday – Friday 8:30am – 11:30am
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 1:00 – 4:30pm
- Tuesday and Thursday 1:00pm-3:00pm.
After screening is completed, an assessment will be scheduled for a later date. Most assessments can be completed between 2-3 hours.
- If you are involved with court, supervised probation, Division of Child & Family Services (DCFS) or another organization, please bring:
- Sentencing court orders (for all courts involved)
- Probation agreement & contact information for probation officer
- DCFS court documents or service plan
- Any recent assessments, within the last 6 months
Note: If you arrive without these items, you will be asked to return the next assessment time with required items to proceed further with assessment.
*You MUST be registered with Urban Indian Center of Salt Lake
*Red Mesa Counseling accepts Medicaid
Can I get other types of counseling not listed above?
Currently Red Mesa does not offer DUI-Prime for Life classes, Custody Evaluations, DCFS Home Studies, Youth Substance Abuse Groups, Anger Management classes, Child Therapy for ages 5 and under or Domestic Violence Offender Treatment.pm
Support Group Meetings
5:00 PM to 6:00 PM
5:00 PM to 6:00 PM
3:00 PM to 4:00 PM